The CEO and founder of BuzzBallz, Merrilee Kick, made it a point to infuse the spirit of fun into the business from day one. From the fully-stocked bars in our HQ full of Southern Champion spirits and cocktails to the colorful rooms and large, tilted windows, fun is in the DNA of this brand.
With that said, we know our experience is rare. Many companies would never allow their employees the freedom and casual atmosphere we have.
If you want to infuse a little fun into your work environment, here are a few ideas:
- Host a team-bonding experience periodically. The marketing team recently did this and had an amazing time at Escape the Room Dallas.
- If possible, incorporate periodic team lunches. It allows you to get close with your co-workers and higher ups in a more comfortable way.
- Commemorate fun or funny moments with an award. Find a fun or interesting object to turn into your makeshift award and present it to your coworkers when they say or do something hilarious.
- Host contests to test the skills of your co-workers. Whether it’s a chili cook-off or a fitness contest, this encourages a healthy spirit of competition.
- Engage in harmless bets based on pop culture predictions such as televised award ceremonies, major sports games or plot developments in popular TV shows.
We only live once and you spend more time at work than you do at home. Make that time as enjoyable as you can!
For a cocktail recipe perfect for getting off of work, check out our Pinterest!